Expertise in wood construction, low-carbon construction and digitalisation
In research and development activities (R&D) related to wood construction, we concentrate on wood and wood-based fibre materials and their use in construction. Low-carbon construction R&D activities aims to explore possibilities to reduce the emissions of the building sector trough the life cycle assessment. Building information modelling and its´ applications in maintenance of buildings are the main themes in R&D activities related digitalisation of the construction sector.
All R&D activities are implemented in cooperation with local companies and other national and international partners. Karelia UAS has coordinated the Intelligent Energy Europe and Northern Periphery Programme projects and participated in several NPP, IEE, FP7, CIP, LLP and EC DG E&I projects. Karelia UAS is also a member of the EIP Smart Cities and Communities and the European Network of Living Labs.
Examples of our R&D projects:
- Digital Twin, ERDF
- Low Carbon and Energy Efficient Renovation Construction, ERDF
- Wood Construction — Solutions for Low Carbon Construction, ERDF
- Towards Low Carbon Construction — Joensuu Wood City, ERDF
- Promoting Cross-Border Wood Construction Business, Karelia CBC
- Joensuu Light House – Research and Development Activities, Ministry of Environment
- Prefabricated Construction Systems — Creating Competitive Advantages Through Value Chains, ERDF
- Knowledge transfer for timber construction, ERDF
- Digitalisation in Construction Sector, ESF
- Resource-wice and Intelligent Housing Solutions — Investment project, phase 1 & 2, ERDF
- Innovative Use of Wood in Construction, Erasmus+ Intensive Programme
- Innovation Environments of Timber Construction and HVAC Engineering, ESF
- North Karelia – Towards the leading edge in energy efficient wood construction, ESF
- Creating competence in Asian know-how within forest, construction and wood working industries, ESF
- BIO-SOL-ESCO – Expanding Biomass and Solar Heating in Public and Private Buildings, IEE
Karelia UAS offers a wide range of expert services for companies and other organisations. Services related to wood construction includes consultancy, product development and material and product testing services. Ask for further information.